Wednesday, January 22, 2014

3/52

I wrote this in my head last night. I laid there thinking of my sweet girls and all the things I want to remember. Like Avery's enthusiastic squeal when she's excited and the way she hugs and kisses us before she goes to sleep. The way she always says “one minute” when I tell her it’s time for something to end and the way she and her Daddy draw every night before bed. I want to remember the first time Logan really laughed and found her feet and the way she is always watching me from across the room or looking for her Daddy if she’s in someone else’s arms. All things too lovely to forget.

Avery 3/52

It was a good week. We had the opportunity to witness Avery with her peers on two occasions. I was so proud of our little girl. She is fun and brave and spunky and so very sweet. She is kind to everyone and shows her affection through hugs and kisses. People are drawn to her and her sunny disposition. There were two little girls who clearly wanted a hug and kiss from Avery (who was giving them out freely) but were too shy to approach her or ask. Avery noticed and tenderly placed her hands on their cheeks and lifted their heads so she could look in their eyes. Then they hugged and my heart exploded both times.


Logan 3/52

And Logan. Delightful Lo Lo. We’re getting to know her more and more each day. We have alone time every afternoon while her sister naps. She relishes in being the center of attention, showing off her voice and her smile. She discovered her feet on Sunday and loves to grab them and rock back and forth and back and forth.

Her afternoon nap is also mine. This girl will only sleep in my arms and this is the only time we have to do so. Instead of fighting it I succumb to the quiet time and try not to think of my ever-long to-do list and just enjoy the weight of her body on mine.
.

1 comment:

  1. how lovely. these posts always make me smile, but this one especially :) xo

    ReplyDelete